Spices and herbs could really enhance flavour of our food. They could also make our diet much more nutritious. By adding enough spices, we could benefit from greater well-being and better health. In fact, herbs and spices are the most efficient ways of making our food more nutritious, especially because we won’t need to add any calories. Spices and herbs could also add colors to our food. We could control blood fat levels, reduce blood sugar level, increase metabolism, limit antibacterial activity, suppress cancer, boost antioxidant activities and increase nutrient density.
Our goal should be to regularly consume whole, natural, fresh food that provide us with resistance to disease, improved immunity and better vitality. Using herbs and spices is among the easiest ways to introduce healthy habits in our lives. They are our secret weapon to make our diet become much tastier. Adding only salt, paper and garlic to our vegetables can be rather repetitive. There are many Asian recipes that can make vegetable-only dishes taste very unique and delicious. This will entice finicky, meat eaters to try something completely new. Many of us have been get used to junk and processed food.
We can also bump up antioxidant activities by trying different ingredients, such as onion, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, coriander, oregano, mint, garlic, lemon balm, sage, parsley and marjoram. With herbs we can be particularly adventurous with taste. We could combine them to create thousands of possible unique tastes that may appeal to us.
- Black pepper: The spice could really aid our digestion and it should be helpful in treating sinusitis, depression and epilepsy. Piperine is found in black pepper and it could enhance the nutrients level in our food. We should use black pepper often to improve the nutritional balance of our food.
- Cayenne pepper: It offers enough capsaicin to help with various conditions. It improves digestion, stimulate bile production, increase circulation and relief pain.
- Cinnamon: It is a versatile spice and half teaspoon a day could improve glucose metabolism and lower blood sugar. Cinnamon is versatile. It can be used on many dishes, baked products and beverages. It offers anti-microbial capability, stimulated circulation and improved muscle activities.
- Cloves: Cloves can also be used on dishes, baked products and beverages. It is mildly anaesthetics and has anti bacterial properties. It has also been shown that cloves could prevent certain digestive cancer types.
- Coriander is known for its ability to stimulate insulin production, improve digestion and lower cholesterol levels. In this case, our body will be able to properly process sugar.
- Chilli peppers: There are different types of chilli peppers and some of them may have higher level of capsaicin. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory agent and can relieve pain immensely. Mucus and congestion would be cleared from our nose and lungs. In fact, one bite of a hot pepper could effectively clear our head in just seconds. We could also prevent other diseases such as high cholesterol levels and stomach ulcers.